Botanical Name: Piper nigrum / Piper longum / Zingiber officinalis
Thirikadugu Churnam Health Benfits:
Trikatu Churna is a simple mixture of three Indian spices. It is widely used in Ayurvedic treatments and in Indian household. Trikatu Churna falls both under medicinal herbs and dietary herbs.
Trikatu churna is also known as thrikadugu choornam, Trikatu choorna, katutraya churna, kadutraya churna etc.
Chruna is a Sanskrit term meaning powder. Trikatu – Tri – means three, katu – herbs that are hot and pungent. – overall, Triaktu powder is a fine powder mix of three spices.
Trikatu powder contains three spices in equal proportions. Black pepper – Piper nigrum Long pepper fruit – Piper longum Ginger – Zingiber officinalis. If these spices are available, the Trikatu powder can be made at home, under hygienic condtions, using a mixer.
Trikatu benefits – Trikatu is hot in potency. Trikatu is stimulative in nature, good for liver, spleen and pancreas. Trikatu choornam stimulates stomach to produce enzymes. Hence it helps in digestion. Trikatu is also good for respiratory system and to cure cold and cough.
- This powder can be given to young children from the age of 2 to 3 years onwards.
- For young children, less than 1/4 tsp will be more than enough. If children refuse to drink it, you can sweeten with honey or Palm Candy.
- This powder can be stored for up to 1 Year.
- This powder can be used for all cold related problems.
- This same remedy can be used to treat indigestion.